Access & download MARCO reports
The MARCO results are not yet available. Sign up to our mailing list at right to be informed of their release
TOWARDS A MARKET OBSERVATORY
Defining a framework for climate services market observation and facilitation: this includes defining taxonomy and metrics, measuring gaps between the identified supply and demand, qualifying potential innovation to address those gaps, and expressing policy recommendations.
CLIMATE SERVICE PROVIDERS
Climate service providers and purveyors in Europe will be identified and divided into commercial and open
- Mapping and qualification of suppliers’ typical business models
- Overview of key non-European climate services and SWOT analysis of EU providers against international competition
POTENTIAL AND ACTUAL DEMAND
Climate vulnerability and risk will be analysed in order to evaluate their influence on the demand for Climate Services:
- Assessment of the value and transactional volume of current and potential demand for Climate Services based on a combination of new qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Identification of drivers of market demand and how they may be influenced by interventions (such as building a market observatory)
Qualitative and quantitative analysis of the existing and future demand for climate services will be undertaken. Sectoral characteristics that will be explored through the case studies include:
- ownership/operation of long-term fixed assets
- reliance on climatically sensitive natural resources, and
- association with the European or global climate services market amongst others.